Mushroom Stuffed Pork Chops
With Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspooons garlic salt
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 bone-in centercut pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix thyme, rosemary and black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Sauté onion and mushrooms 3 minutes or until onion is clear.
- Add cheese, garlic salt and tomato; stir quickly until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut a deep pocket in each pork chop.
- Stuff chops evenly with stuffing.
- Spread jelly evenly over both sides of chops and sprinkle rosemary mixture on top of chops.
- Place chops on baking sheet and bake 40 to 50 minutes or until stuffing reaches 160º F.