Nut Free Granola Bars
With Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ cups of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of hemp seeds
- ¼ cup of currents
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of corn syrup
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 3 egg whites (⅓ cup of liquid egg whites)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9”x9” baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix rolled oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, currents, dried cranberries and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine corn syrup and brown sugar, bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the oil, egg whites, vanilla and salt together. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the hot syrup and mix well until evenly coated.
- Firmly press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely (at least one hour), remove from the pan and cut into 12 bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week or in the freezer for up to one month.