Oats and Honey Granola Bars
With Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- As needed, cooking spray
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup-all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chopped mixed dried fruit OR raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, dried fruit, nuts, sugar, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Mix well with a large spoon.
- Stir in oil, honey, egg and vanilla extract.
- Moisten hands with water; pat mixture into prepared pan. Bake 24 to 26 minutes, or until edges turn light brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack. When cool, invert pan onto cutting board and remove foil. Cut into bars.