- 1/4 cup warm water (100°F to 110°F)
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann’s Traditional Yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 pint fresh blueberries OR frozen blueberries, thawed and well drained
ALMOND HONEY BUTTER:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
ALMOND WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Dissolve yeast in water in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Combine flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, lemon peel and salt in a large (4-quart) bowl. Beat eggs, buttermilk and oil in a medium bowl; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in yeast mixture. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- To make pancakes, heat griddle over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cup onto griddle. Sprinkle top of each pancake with blueberries. Flip pancakes when bubbles form on top of pancake and bottom is browned, about 4 minutes. Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes until pancake is done.
- Serve with Almond Honey Butter and Almond Whipped Cream.
To make Almond Honey Butter, combine butter and honey; stir in almonds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make Almond Whipped Cream, beat cream in large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar. Fold in almond extract. Do not prepare in advance.