- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all fat
- 2 cups Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 cups Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian style cheeses (such as mozzarella, provolone and Asiago)
- 1/2 cup shredded OR shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pat chicken dry using paper towels.
- Place 2 chicken breasts at time into 1-gallon resealable freezer bag.
- Seal bag and place on flat surface.
- Flatten chicken to an even thickness (about 1/2-inch) with a meat mallet, rolling pin or heavy skillet.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Combine bread crumbs and bouillon powder in a shallow bowl.
- Press chicken firmly into bread crumbs, turning to coat the entire surface thoroughly.
- Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch Oven over medium heat.
- When oil is hot (test by carefully dipping a small piece of bread or chicken into the oil; when small bubbles appear, oil is ready).
- Using a fork, carefully transfer the chicken breasts into the oil.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until deep golden brown.
- Reduce heat as needed to prevent breadcrumbs from becoming too dark.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a foil line baking sheet.
- Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of marina sauce and then then 2 to 3 tablespoons of shredded Italian cheese onto center of each chicken breast.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Suggestion: Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with warm pasta and a fresh green salad.