Pear Gorgonzola and Walnut Mini Pizza
With Mazola® Vegetable Oil
4 TO 6 SERVINGS
1 HOUR 40 MINUTES
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) package Fleischmann’s® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 1/4 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Mazola RightBlend Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe Bartlett, Bosc OR D’Anjou pear, cored, quartered and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add very warm water (120° to 130°F) to flour mixture and mix on low speed of electric mixer for 1 minute. Add oil and mix until thoroughly combined; mix until dough forms a ball and does not stick to sides of bowl. Transfer dough to lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball, and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl; turn once to coat. Cover loosely and let rest in a warm place until doubled in size; about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Punch down the dough and cut into two pieces and spread onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Press or roll dough into 8 x 10-inch ovals approximately 1/2-inch thick. Place side by side on a large oiled baking sheet. (Sprinkle sheet with cornmeal for added texture, if desired.)
- Evenly distribute the toppings leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Drizzle each pizza with some of the vinaigrette.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are browned. (Pizzas can also be baked on a pizza stone or grill.)