- 1/3 cup bottled plum sauce
- 1/4 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 12-ounce ( 375 g) boneless chicken breast or tenderloin, cut in 1/4-inch (6 mm) thick strips
- 2 tablespoon Fleischmann’s® Corn Starch
- 2 packets instant chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger root OR 2 teaspoons (10 mL) powdered ginger
- 3 cups snow peas, halved lengthwise
- 1 (10-ounce/284 mL) can sliced water chestnuts or oriental stir fry vegetables, drained
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix corn starch and instant bouillon in a small bag; add chicken and shake to coat well.
- Heat a large skillet or wok until hot; swirl oil around in the pan. Gently stir fry the chicken strips until lightly browned and no longer pink inside.
- Add ginger and snow peas; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until colour brightens. Add canned vegetables and sauce mixure, stirring constantly until ingredients are glazed.
- Serve with cooked rice.