- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann’s Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes or buds
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
To make dough:
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, onions, salt and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Heat milk, potato flakes, water and oil until very warm (120º to 130ºF).
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Cover; let rise 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll each piece into a 12-inch rope; tie a loose knot in the center of each rope.
- Place rolls, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheet. Cover.
- Let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 20 to 40 minutes.
- Brush tops of rolls with egg.
- If desired, sprinkle with sesame seed, poppy seed OR rosemary.
- Bake at 375º F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack.