- 1 pound (3 to 4 medium sized) beets
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1/3 cup pearl couscous
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann’s Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Canola Olive Oil Blend
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bag (5 ounces) spring greens
- 2 oranges, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat OR feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim beets and thoroughly scrub. Wrap in foil and place on baking dish. Roast for 45 to 60 minutes, until tender when inserted with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool. Rub off the peels (you may want to wear disposable gloves so that your hands won’t be stained.) The beets can be roasted ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Combine 1/2 cup chicken broth and couscous in a small saucepan. Cover; bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until couscous is tender. Spread couscous on a plate and refrigerate so that it will cool more quickly.
- Combine 1/4 cup chicken broth, orange juice and corn starch in a small saucepan. Whisk to dissolve corn starch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute until thickened and clear. Remove from heat. Whisk in vinegar, oil, honey, orange peel and cinnamon. Vinaigrette can be made ahead and refrigerated until you’re ready to serve the salad.
- To assemble the salad, spread salad greens on a platter or in a large bowl. Toss the couscous with 2 tablespoons of Orange Vinaigrette; sprinkle couscous over the salad greens. Halve beets and cut into 3 to 4 pieces; add to salad. Top with oranges, pomegranate arils and feta cheese. Drizzle with remaining Orange Vinaigrette and serve immediately.