Sautéed Summer Squash
With Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1 pound zucchini, yellow summer squash or a combination of both
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper OR to taste
- 1 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Trim ends of squash. Cut squash into matchstick-size strips.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add oil, followed immediately by squash. Stir constantly until sizzling slows.
- Season squash mixture with cilantro, salt, and pepper. When squash is just barely tender, about 2 minute, add lemon juice. Taste for seasoning. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until squash is crisp-tender. Serve hot or cold.
Tip: For a zippy change of pace, add a tablespoon of rinsed capers when you add lemon juice to the squash.