- 3/4 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 cups flour, scooped and levelled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8 ounces dark or bittersweet baking chocolate, roughly chopped
- Flakey sea salt
Making The Cookies:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- To a large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to wet ingredients and mix just until the dough forms.
- Add chopped chocolate and mix.
- To a parchment paper lined baking sheet, take 3 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll into balls.
- Arrange them on baking sheet, making sure dough balls are 1 inch apart.
- Top each ball with a pinch of flakey sea salt, then very gently press them in.
- Bake between 9-12 minutes until slightly golden brown then transfer to wire rack to cool.
Making the icing sugar:
- Using a mesh strainer, sift powdered sugar into a bowl and add water. The consistency should be thick but pourable.
- If the consistency is too thick, add a drop of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Creating the ghost topper:
- Place a marshmallow in the centre of the cookie and drizzle icing sugar over the top, allowing it to run on all sides.
- Colour a small portion of the icing sugar with black food colouring and add to a small piping bag. Cut the tip and pipe eyes and mouths onto marshmallows.