- 1/2 cup Fleischmann’s Corn Starch
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour divided
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- 1 large Vidalia onion sliced 1/2″ thick rings
- As needed, enough for deep frying Mazola Corn Oil
- Preheat deep fryer to 375°F, or if using a large Dutch oven pot, fill 2-3” deep with oil, use a deep-fry thermometer and preheat to 375°F.
- Place 1 cup of flour in a bowl, add the sliced, separated onion rings and toss to dust in flour.
- In another large bowl mix together the corn starch, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cayenne pepper.
- Add in the club soda and whisk until smooth.
- Working in batches, dip your dusted onion rings into the batter, allow excess to drip off before carefully lowering into the hot oil.
- Working in batches, deep-fry the rings for 2 to 3 minutes, turning over halfway, until golden brown.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Season with salt if desired and serve immediately.