- 1 pound sirloin steak, cubed OR lean stew beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Patak’s® Vindaloo Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 jar Patak’s® Vindaloo Cooking Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 sliced serrano chile pepper, for garnish
- Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper and combine with curry paste, vinegar and onion in a mixing bowl stirring to coat thoroughly. (Can be prepared, covered and refrigerated to this point for up to 1 day ahead.)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add beef mixture and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat and transfer mixture into a 6-quart slow cooker. Add cooking sauce, water and brown sugar; stir to combine.
- Cover with lid and heat for 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on LOW. Cooking is complete when meat is tender and easily pulled apart. Serve immediately with cooked basmati rice and pepper slices for garnish.