- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons spicy chicken seasoning*
- 1/4 cup Mazola RightBlend Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon OR lime juice
- As needed grill spray
Mango Pepper Salsa
- 2 cups diced fresh mango, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon OR lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat, or between 350° to 450°F.
- Trim excess fat from chicken, rinse and pat dry using paper towels. If necessary, pound chicken to an even 1/2-inch thickness using a mallet, rolling pin or cast iron skillet (this will ensure the chicken cooks evenly). Place chicken into a 1-gallon size resealable plastic bag. Add seasoning, oil and lemon juice to the bag. Seal bag and turn to thoroughly coat chicken.
- Coat grill surface with grill spray to prevent sticking.
- Grill chicken over Direct High heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through. Transfer cooked chicken to a serving plate.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl; stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made up to 8 hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.)
- Top grilled chicken with mango salsa and serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: Try slicing the chicken onto warm, low-fat tortillas, top with mango salsa and crumbled queso fresco cheese for delicious spicy chicken wraps.
* If you can’t find a spicy chicken seasoning, simply add a dash of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to your favourite chicken seasoning.