Steak and Egg Salad
With Mazola® Canola Oil
- 4 hard cooked eggs, diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish (sweet OR dill)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard Steak Seasoning, to taste
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons Steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1 bag (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- Salad dressing, if desired
- Mix eggs, mayonnaise, mustard and relish in a medium mixing bowl. Add seasoning to taste; cover and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle sirloin steak with seasoning; rub into meat. Heat oil in large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cover. Cook 5 to 7 minutes; turn steak once and continute to cook 5 to 7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare doneness. Remove steak from pan and place on cutting board. Cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Distribute salad greens evenly on four plates. Slice steak into 1-1/2×1/4-inch thick slices; place on top of salad greens. Divide egg salad evenly over steak slices. Serve immediately; with favourite salad dressing, if desired.