- 12-14 zucchini blossoms
- Mazola Corn Oil (for frying)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup club soda
- Clean zucchini blossoms by removing the stamens from its center and thorny green sepals at the base of the blossom. Gently rinse debris and dirt.
- To a bowl add ricotta, pecorino, fresh basil, fresh parsley, granulated garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- To a bowl, add all batter ingredients and whisk well. Batter should be slightly runny, but still able to coat the back of a spoon.
- Gently pull pack petals, then using a piping bag or spoon, fill the center of each blossom with 1 tbsp of ricotta mixture. Carefully twist the tips of blossom to seal in ricotta mixture.
- Add Mazola’s Corn Oil to a pan, about 2 inches deep and heat to 375F using a frying thermometer.
- Working one at a time, dip stuffed blossom into batter and carefully add to hot oil. Fry for approximately 2 min on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil, place on paper towel to absorb excess oil and sprinkle with salt.