- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 (60 mL) cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cup Mazola Canola Oil
- 1/4 lb (125 g) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 lb (125 g) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 lb (125 g) oyster mushrooms, separated
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper, divided
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tsp (20 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
- In bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- Drizzle oil over top; mix with fingertips until combined.
- Stir in water; knead until dough comes together to form a ball.
- On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into 12-inch (30 cm) round.
- Carefully transfer dough to 10-inch (25 cm) round tart pan with removable bottom.
- Trim off excess dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Using fork, prick bottom of pie shell all over.
- Bake crust for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet set over high heat.
- Cook cremini, shiitake, oyster mushrooms, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until softened and slightly browned.
- Stir in shallots and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms, shallots and garlic are tender and juices have evaporated. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, egg yolk, cream, Gruyère and Parmesan cheese, parsley, dill, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Scatter mushrooms over crust; pour in egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Tip: Serve with a simple green salad dressed lightly with a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and seasoned with salt.