SWEET AND SPICY RUB:
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 pound (500g) salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Canola Oil
- 2 cups (19.5 ounce jar ) grapefruit sections OR 3 fresh grapefruits, peeled and sectioned
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt, oregano, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Cut salmon into 4 portions and brush with oil. Distribute the rub over the salmon generously coating all surfaces. Place salmon on a shallow baking pan with sides.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
- Coarsely chop grapefruit into bite size pieces. Combine all salsa ingredients and serve with salmon. Grapefruit salsa can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.