- 6 cups bread cubes, day old bread
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled, dice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup fennnel bulb, white part, diced
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large skillet add oil, sweet potato, celery, onion, and fennel cook for 10 to 12 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bread, cooled vegetables, parsley, sage, salt, and pepper mix well. Pour in chicken broth and mix.
- Place mixture in a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Drizzle corn syrup on top of mix. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve as a side dish.