- 8 plum tomatoes, cubed
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 large lettuce leaves such as Bibb, butter OR iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced into rings or strips
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Canola Olive Oil Blend
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotles in adobo sauce, or adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon sodium reduced vegetable bouillon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- Combine tomato and avocado in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and chill.
- Place lettuce leaves on individual salad plates (chilled plates if possible). Spoon the tomato and avocado mixture onto each lettuce leaf dividing evenly among the plates. Top each salad with a few red onion slices and cilantro sprigs.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Puree until very smooth scraping sides as needed; about 1 minute. Dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- To serve, top each salad with 2 to 3 tablespoons of dressing and serve immediately.