Turkey Meatloaf with Apricot Glaze
With Mazola® Canola Oil
1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 cup finely minced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely minced celery
- 1 package (19 to 20 ounces) 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1/3 cup panko OR white bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms and celery; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine turkey, egg, apricot preserves, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, panko, parsley and sautéed vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Mix ingredients until combined; clean hands work best for this.
- Place meatloaf mixture in an 8 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan OR mini-loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Mix Glaze ingredients in small bowl. Brush over top of loaf. Bake 45 to 50 minutes for large loaf OR 20 to 25 minutes for small loaves. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.