Veracruz Style Sea Bass
With Mazola® Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chile pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds red snapper OR sea bass filets
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, chile pepper and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, olives, capers, bay leaves, parsley, oregano, lime juice and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Add fish to skillet. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove bay leaves and serve immediately.
RECIPE TIP: Serve with rice or boiled potatoes.