TACO MEAT FILLING:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup masa corn flour OR corn meal
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann’s Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup very warm milk (120°F to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 cup corn chips, partially crushed
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Mix batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8 X 8-inch baking dish OR 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Top batter with taco meat filling.
- Pour salsa evenly over meat; sprinkle with shredded cheese and chips.
- Bake by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Note: If desired, batter may be mixed in a separate bowl. Proceed as directed above.