- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh OR frozen
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Grease standard 12-hole muffin pan (2-1/2 x 1-1/4 inch cups) or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together milk, oil, egg and almond extract.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened.
- Fold in almonds and blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe Tip: To garnish, sprinkle tops of muffin batter with additional almond slices and coarse sugar prior to baking.