Cheesy Chive Muffins
With Mazola® Vegetable Oil
12 REGULAR OR 30 MINI MUFFINS
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and spices.
- Stir in cheese.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the eggs, milk and oil.
- Stir only until moistened. Do not over-stir.
- Grease muffin pans; fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 (traditional size muffins) OR 10 to 12 minutes (mini muffins), or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.