- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut cold butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in strawberries, blueberries, and lemon zest.
- Make a well in the center of mixture and add buttermilk, egg, oil and vanilla, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide the dough in half. Dough will be sticky. Place each half on a baking sheet (dough will spread when baked) and pat into a 6-inch disk with floured hands.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cool for at least 5 minutes. Separate each disk into 8 wedges using a knife or pizza cutter. Transfer to a platter.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients until smooth in a large bowl. Drizzle glaze over the scones.