- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (OR substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for 1 cup all-purpose)
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann’s Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1-1/4 cups very warm water (120º to 130ºF)
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped OR mini pepperoni
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup 1/2-inch cubed mozzarella cheese OR shredded if making minis
For Dipping (optional):
- Pizza Sauce
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, salt and oregano in large mixer bowl.
- Add water and oil; beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Gradually add remaining 1-1/4 cups flour to make a stiff yet sticky dough.
- Stir in pepperoni, green bell pepper, onion and cheese.
- Cover bowl and let rest 10 minutes.
- Portion dough into 12 (2-1/2 inch) generously greased muffin cups OR 36 mini muffin cups using a scoop or 2 tablespoons (do not use paper liners).
- Cover and let rise 35 to 45 minutes. Dough will rise, but not double in size.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes (17 to 20 minutes for minis) until well browned.
- Let cool on wire rack for 2 minutes.
- Run a knife around each roll to remove from pan.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Completely cool muffins and place in an airtight container to freeze.
- Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds and serve immediately.