GRILLED CURRIED CAULIFLOWER STEAKS:
- 2 (medium to large) heads cauliflower
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- As needed grill spray
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
SPICED LENTILS AND SPINACH:
- 1 teaspoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 whole bay leaves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green OR brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
FOR CAULIFLOWER STEAKS:
- Remove leaves from base of cauliflower heads and cut off the stem so the head sits squarely on the cutting surface.
- Using a large, sharp knife, “square off” two opposite sides of each head (reserve small floret bits for another use) and cut 1-1/2-inch thick “steaks”, from each head vertically, top to bottom.
- Reserve any extra cauliflower for another use.
- Arrange steaks on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon curry powder, honey and 2 minced garlic cloves.
- Brush some of the mixture on both sides of each steak and let steaks stand at room temperature until ready to grill.
FOR SPICED LENTILS AND SPINACH:
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon curry powder, and bay leaf.
- Cook until onion begins to brown, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes and lentils.
- Cover and simmer just until lentils are tender (do not overcook), stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and lime juice; set lentils aside and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to medium heat, or between 350° to 450°F.
- Coat grilling surface with grill spray to prevent sticking.
- Grill cauliflower steaks, covered, for 8 minutes or until lightly charred, brushing occasionally with some of the remaining marinade.
- Carefully flip the steaks over, brush with remaining marinade and cook an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until cauliflower is slightly softened but not mushy.
- Remove steaks from the grill and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Remove bay leaf from lentils.
- Serve cauliflower steaks immediately with Spiced Lentils and Spinach.