- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package (16 ounces) large strawberries
- 4 slices (1-inch) angel food cake
- 2 teaspoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup vanilla flavoured Greek yogurt
- Stir together powdered sugar, orange peel, juice and vanilla extract; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Wash and pat dry strawberries. Thread onto 4 metal or wooden skewers. Brush cake slices with oil.
- Brush cooking grates clean. Coat cooking grates with grill spray to prevent sticking.
- Grill strawberry skewers and cake slices until both have grill marks and cake is lightly toasted, about 5 to 7 minutes; turning once halfway through cooking.
- Remove strawberries from skewers, slice in half and toss with orange glaze. Place cake slices on serving plates; divide strawberries equally and top with 1 to 2 tablespoons yogurt.
Recipe Note: If using wooded skewers, soak in water 30 minutes prior to use.