- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons seeded chopped jalapeño peppers, fresh or pickled*
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup and vegetable oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour mixture until just blended.
- Fold in corn, cheese and peppers.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 greased (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to touch.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan.
* Wear rubber gloves when working with hot peppers or wash hands in warm soapy water after handling. Avoid touching face or eyes.