Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken
With Mazola® Rightblend Oil
- 6 (3-1/2 to 4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, excess fat trimmed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Mazola RightBlend Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Lightly pound chicken to an even 3/4-inch thickness. Pat chicken dry using paper towels and place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Combine lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oil and basil in a small bowl; whisk until combined. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and turn to coat chicken thoroughly. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or about 400°F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with additional basil, if desired.
Recipe Note: Add extra thick lemon slices or wedges to the grill with the chicken to use as a garnish or to squeeze for extra lemon flavor.