- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 package Patak’s® Mild Curry Cooking Sauce
- Heat carrots, ginger and olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until carrots begin to sizzle.
- Pour chicken broth and salt into the pan and bring to a boil, cooking for 5 to 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in mild curry simmer sauce.
- Use an immersion blender to puree soup or transfer to a blender and puree until very smooth. Return soup to heat and simmer until hot.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh cilantro, croutons or shredded cheese, if desired.