- 1 lb frozen skinless deveined shrimps
- 10 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 stalk of green onion
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 lb of round dumpling wrappers
- 1 lb of spinach
- Mazola Corn Oil (enough to fill your pot with 2 inches of oil)
- Dry thawed shrimp with paper towels. Finely chop.
- Finely chop rehydrated shiitake mushrooms.
- Finely chop green onion and mix together with shrimp and mushrooms.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Add salt to taste.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of filling and place in the center of a dumpling wrapper.
- Fold up the wrapper edge and pinch them together near the top.
- Remove spinach leaves and blanch the stems in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Tie the spinach stem on the pinch spots of the dumplings. Trim away excess spinach stems.
- Fill your pot with 2-inches worth of Mazola Corn Oil and bring oil to ~180C.
- Carefully place dumplings in the oil with tongs. Keep dumplings well separated.
- Fry until golden brown (roughly 10 mins).
Recipe created by @Foodgressing