- 2 green plantains
- Approximately 1 quart Mazola Corn Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel plantains by cutting off ends and slitting skin lengthwise several times; run finger between skin and fruit to remove skin.
- Cut plantains into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- Pour oil into large skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full.
- Heat over medium heat to 375°F.
- Carefully add 1/3 of the plantain slices; fry 3 minutes or until pale yellow.
- Remove from oil.
- On flat surface, press plantain slices with bottom of a glass until sides burst and slices resemble a flower.
- Return to oil and fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp on the outside.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.