- 6 medium sized russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- Peel potatoes and grate.
- Mix with onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid.
- Blot potatoes gently with a paper towel.
- Stir in eggs, flour, onion salt, white pepper and baking powder.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the potato mixture onto hot skillet; flatten slightly.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Brown on both sides, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper towel.
- Serve hot with applesauce or sour cream.
TIP: Although these are best when eaten immediately, they can be reheated by placing in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until hot.