- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Spray 12-cup muffin pan (2-1/2 x 1-1/4 inch cups) with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and pecans in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together pumpkin, egg, oil, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and deep golden brown.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or store in an air tight container.
Recipe Tip: To garnish, sprinkle tops of muffins with coarse sugar and a pecan half prior to baking.