- 1 medium poblano chile, roasted, seeded and peeled
- 3 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds without shells, lightly toasted and cooled
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Mazola Right Blend Oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, thinned with 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup water
- Blend chile, pumpkin seeds, garlic, pepper, salt, oil, vinegar, cheese, cilantro, mayonnaise and water in a food processor or blender to make a puree. Note: if using as a dip, omit the mayonnaise and water.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Makes enough dressing for 2 quarts of lettuce or vegetable salad.
NOTE: If raw pumpkin seeds are unavailable, roasted pumpkin seeds without shells may be used, but in this case, do not toast.