Red Velvet Cupcakes
With Mazola® Vegetable Oil
1 hour 10 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup buttermilk (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) food colouring, red
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Frosting, for spreading Sprinkles, coloured sugars, candies, nonpareils, fresh berries, chopped nuts, etc. for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 24 muffin cups with baking cups; set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl of electric mixer.
- Whisk together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food colouring, vinegar and vanilla in medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing well, until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Distribute cake batter evenly into cups of prepared pans, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 8 to 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove cupcakes from pans; cool completely.
- Frost and garnish each cupcake as desired.