- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- As desired, sea salt & black pepper grinder
- 4 pita breads
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- As desired, garlic salt
- As desired, Italian herb seasoning
- As desired, smoked paprika
- Process garbanzo beans, tahini and lemon juice in food processor until smooth. Add smoked paprika, cumin and garlic. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Let hummus sit 10 minutes to develop flavors
- Use as a dip for vegetables or pita chips, or top toasted pitas with hummus and a piece of shaved Serrano ham. Use in place of mayonnaise on sandwiches.
- Cut pita breads into triangles. Brush with olive oil and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt, Italian herbs, and smoked paprika. Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
Note: If hummus is too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water.