- 1 pound lean ground pork, beef or turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® RightBlend Oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup beef bouillon
- 3/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine ground meat, water chestnuts, egg, bread crumbs and salt in a medium bowl. Shape into about 60 1-inch meatballs; set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in 10- to 12-inch skillet. Add green onions and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Blend in bouillon, corn syrup, chili sauce, vinegar and ginger.
- Add meatballs to sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove meatballs with slotted spoon. Increase heat to medium-high; gently boil sauce 6 to 9 minutes or until thickened. Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Serve with cocktail picks.