- 1 tablespoon Mazola RightBlend Oil
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons red crushed pepper
- 3/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1 whole bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds large, peeled raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 chopped mango (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, shallots and crushed red pepper. Cook until caramelized and lightly colored.
- Pour in corn syrup, vinegar, apple juice, lime zest, lime juice, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is reduced to thick syrup, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain through sieve. Cool.
- Grill shrimp over medium heat, brushing with glaze the last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze and cilantro and mango, if desired.