With Mazola® Vegetable Oil
1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup of Mazola vegetable oil
- 3 tbls of ice cold water
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbls of Mazola vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of grated asiago cheese
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the flour and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil and 2 tbls of ice water – do not mix the liquids.
- Add the liquids to the flour mixture and stir until a ball forms.
- If the dough is still very crumbly and not holding together, gradually add in remaining ice water as needed.
- Form into a rough ball, cover in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the tomato filling.
- Wash the tomatoes and slice into ¼ thick rounds.
- Gently toss the tomatoes with 1 tbls of vegetable oil, minced garlic, fresh basil leaves and 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to release some liquid and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, unwrap and place the dough between two pieces of waxed paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out to approx. a 30cm diameter.
- Peel back the waxed paper and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread the grated cheese onto the dough, leaving a 5cm border around the edge.
- Drain the excess liquid from the tomatoes and arrange on top of the cheese.
- Bring the edge of the dough up and over the filling, overlapping as needed to create a 4 cm border.
- Brush the dough with remaining vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle the top with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for approx. 50 minutes until the edge is golden brown.