- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 packages Fleischmann’s Quick Rise Yeast
- 3 tsp Fleischmann’s Bread Booster
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water, mixed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Easter or spring-themed sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water. Add Mazola Vegetable Oil and egg; stir gently to combine. In a large stand mixer bowl, add flour, Fleischmann’s Quick Rise Yeast, Fleischmann’s Bread Booster and salt. Add wet ingredients. With a dough hook attachment, knead the dough on medium-low speed for about 5 minutes.
- Form the dough into a smooth ball. Keeping the dough in the bowl, brush Mazola Vegetable Oil over the top using a pastry brush. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap; let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions, rolling each portion into strips. Line them up on a cutting board dusted with flour. Braid the three pieces of dough, pinching the ends and tucking them under the roll. Carefully place the dough in loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the top with egg wash mixture and let the dough rest for 10 minutes. While the dough is resting, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the outside is golden brown. Cool completely. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar with milk and vanilla extract; drizzle over cooled loaf. Add Easter sprinkles, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe created by @Listen2Lena