Marinade for Beef:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann’s® Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon ponzu OR fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chile garlic sauce
- 12 ounces beef sirloin steak, cut into thin bite size pieces, about 1/4 x 1-inch
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce
- 4 cups thinly sliced green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into match-sticks
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces rice noodles, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, if desired
- Whisk sugar, corn starch, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish. Add fish sauce, ponzu and chile garlic sauce; stir to combine. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let flavors develop.
- Combine Chile Sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place all Noodle Salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove beef from marinade; discard any remaining marinade. Add beef, onion and garlic. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until beef is cooked through. Pour beef and onions over top of salad; toss until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Divide equally between 4 noodle bowls. Serve with Chile Sauce and chopped peanuts, if desired.