- 2 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound zucchini OR Mexican squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 fresh poblano chili, roasted, peeled and seeded, sliced into thin strips OR 1/4 cup canned diced green chilies
- 1/2 pound (3 to 4) Italian plum tomatoes, cut up
- 1-1/4 cups corn kernels cut from 4 ears corn OR 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In 10-inch (26 cm) skillet heat corn oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add zucchini and chili; continue cooking, stirring frequently just until zucchini is tender.
- Add tomatoes, corn, water, salt, pepper and oregano. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until mixture thickens. Top with cheese.